Where: Douglas Snow Aquatic Centre - 5100 Yonge Street
Transportation: None provided. Cadets must make their own way to and from the swim centre. ONLY 40 CADETS ARE PERMITTED TO ATTEND. APPROVED CADETS WILL BE CONTACTED DIRECTLY. CADETS MUST ARRIVE AT THE DOUGLAS SNOW AQUATIC CENTRE FOR 0830H.
Food: Lunch will be provided. A canteen will be available for cadets to purchase snacks at their own expense. A breakfast must be eaten prior to competing; note, cadets will be participating in vigorous swimming activities.
Dress: Sports appropriate comfortable swim wear
Sign Ups: Click here to sign up. Please include in the notes section the events (no more than 3) and age category you are competing in.
1. Age categories - Junior (12, 13, 14 as of day of meet), Senior (15, 16, 17, 18 - as of day of meet)
2. Swimmers can choose a maximum of three events including relay events:
Individual - 50m back, and/or breast and/or butterfly, and/or freestyle
Team - 4 x 50 medley relay (back, breast, fly, free); OR,
4 x 50 freestyle relay
3. Entry Rules:
- swimmers may compete in a higher age group provided that they compete in all other individual events in the higher category;
- a cadet may swim at a higher level for a relay, even if they swim in individual events at a lower level;
- any swimmer competing in more than three events will be disqualified from all events of the competition. If a relay team competes with an ineligible swimmer, the whole team will be disqualified;
- swimmer appearing to have difficulty completing an event may be halted and removed from that event at the discretion of the lifeguards, starter, or chief judge; and,
- should this occur during a relay event, the team may repeat the event with a substitute swimmer.
- The 3 second penalty for each swimmer failing to touch the far end of the pool with both hands at the turn. A flip-turn is not acceptable;
- more than 1 false start will result in disqualification of the swimmer. Relay teams may substitute a swimmer that has been disqualified because of false starts. Any subsequent false starts by the relay team will result in disqualification of the team; and,
- relay swimmers diving into the pool prior to the previous swimmer finishing their leg will incur a three second penalty.
- Individual: 1st-10pts, 2nd-7pts, 3rd-5pts, 4th-3pts, 5th-2pts
- Relay: 1st-15pts, 2nd-10pts, 3rd-7pts, 4th-5pts, 5th-3pts